Number of posts : 147
ESF Rank : Commander
=ESF= Department : Marines
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: The Mobius Ribbion   Sat May 10 2008, 01:54

The Mobius Ribbon

Mission Clock: 0800

June 17th, 2525

Captain Edward Li was sprawled over the couch in the officer’s lounge looking out the large picture window out the other end of the room. This pilot was better known as Mobius 1, in the last war he was an icon of hope and determination among the Colonial forces… and infamous as the Grim Reaper or simply The Ribbon among the Cylon forces.

Seeing the Vipers, Raptors, and other aircraft taking off and landing brought back memories of the last war. ‘Its strange’ he thought ‘I started out as a rookie as nothing, and now I’m what I am now.’ In truth, at the beginning of the last war he was a fresh recruit just out of the academy. Although his test scores and reaction times were off the charts. These were all the results of a secret bioweapons project. Capt. Li knew that he was part of the Mobius project. The problem was the fact that he was pretty much a human weapon. And normally if people find out they would usually do one of two things:

Get the hell away from him get as far away as they can.

Or they would try to use him to their advantage.

That’s why Capt. Li normally never tells any one about his past. So he acts normal and (almost) no one knows of his past.

_________________________________________Scene break___________________________________

The goal of this project was to create the perfect fighter pilot. But two things marked the project’s final termination:

It was hideously expensive

Out of the original 100 embryos that were used only 3 survived to become fetuses then the other 2 died leaving Project-309315

The project was terminated after 2 of the three remaining fetuses died. But Li was still born, but the government would not take him in so a couple named Helen and Linke Li decided to adopt him naming him Edward. They knew that they had a government weapon as a son but they loved him none the less. Edward had gotten straight “A’s” in elementary, middle, and high school.

After high school he became interested in planes. His parents knew that this would happen soon but just prayed that he would decide to fly an airliner or something. They couldn’t be more wrong. His high scores allowed him admittance into the Colonial Military Academy.

Li had fond memories of the academy. Most instructors and cadets were surprised to have a 16 year old to be training and even more unnerving for them was that this runt had bested them in his first year in all the Flight-Sims, practice dogfights, and even wrestling and martial arts. But eventually he grained respect with his peers and instructors. And he graduated with (sorry for the pun) ‘flying colors’.

They will never see their deaths coming....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre
Marines - Master Chief
Marines - Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Mobius Ribbion   Sat May 10 2008, 01:55

Should I continue Y/N?

-Spectre

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfie
Marines - Master Chief
Marines - Master Chief

Number of posts : 202
ESF Rank : Master Cheif
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: The Mobius Ribbion   Sun May 11 2008, 23:07

Y please

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

=≡š₣=\/\/ØĻ₣ĭ≡™
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre
Marines - Master Chief
Marines - Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Mobius Ribbion   Mon May 12 2008, 00:09

Alright then that's one guys that wants to read.

Good enough I guess...

Operation: Blackout

Mission Clock: 0940

January 12th, 2515

Lieutenant Edward Li was busy dog fighting. The other plane an Viper VII was on his tail. The other Viper had closed into gun range thinking this would be an easy kill. Li cursed as the enemy’s guns opened up on his fighter scratching the paintwork. Dodging the incoming hail of shells the pair of fighters flew through space dancing a dangerous, deadly, but graceful dance drawing sharp contrails all over the sky. But once more Li pulled off another maneuver that only he had the skill to pull off, lifting his nose up a few degrees activating speed brakes and hitting afterburners his plane did a back flip over the pursuing Viper. Coming behind the enemy’s plane and tearing it to shreds with his Vulcan cannons.

‘Wow, the dogfight took 2 minutes’ Li thought when hopping out of the simulator he shook his head to clear away some disorientation. In the mean time Li’s best friend Lt. Christopher “Flashlight” Martin came up to him. “Ed, I just don’t understand how you pulled off the move against me in the sim.” Martin started off. “What? No, hello or good fight. Just a question? Alright I’ll try to answer you in the lounge.” Ed replied.

In the lounge the two were going over what happened in the simulator. “But how did you pull that move off? It shouldn’t be possible in a Viper”, asked Martin to his friend. “Yea I know that, but I don’t know how it just comes to me I just do it naturally, you know, without thinking…” Li responded not quite concentrating on the subject instead focusing more on Lt. Kei “Edge” Nagase who just walked by. She was one of the few women in the Airforce, and even then most were part of the ground crew. She on the other hand was one of the few female pilots in the Military.

“I know I know you said that a hundred times before but… Hey! Ed are you paying attention!?” Martin shouted at Ed. Wincing Edward complained “Yea I was. But you don’t have to scream in my ear. That hurts man!”, “I know it hurts how else am I going to get you attention away from Nagase?” Martin said. Blushing because Nagase was so close and could hear every word “Just…, just shut the hell up! We’ll talk about this later.” Ed responded kind of lamely. “Ha! At least I could still beat you in verbal fights!” and with those words Martin walked off to the mess hall to grab some lunch.

Edward plopped down on the couch and let out a deep breath closing his eyes allowing his eyes to rest. It was then when curiosity overtook Nagase and she sat down next to Ed “What was that about?” she inquired. “Huh? Oh uh…….um no idea Nagase.” that’s all Ed managed to say. It’s strange because Li could down the best pilots at the base; run 20 miles without breaking a sweat, kick everyone’s ass in any form of martial art, and his shooting skills weren’t bad either. But he just couldn’t talk right to women, especially this woman, he just didn’t get it. “No, not the stuff about the simulator, what was the stuff about me about?” ‘Man’ Ed thought ‘this woman really is persistent’.

Li was saved from having to respond when the PA system activated “Lt.’s Li, Nagase, and Martin are to report to the briefing room immediately.” They all had no idea what was going to happen….

Scene Break

Mission Clock: 1200

January 12th, 2515

“Good to see you all!” Colonel Harper greeted “Alright I’ll get down to business. One of our Raptors has discovered a large power planet, in the middle of nowhere. Now this (indicating the power plant) powers ‘this’ (indicating a massive missile launch system). Obviously the Cylons are up to no good as they declared war on us 2 hours ago. From what we can find out from our intel is that this massive Missile installation is called the Stonehenge. This ‘thing’ has a range of close to 600 lightminutes… In all directions.” Harper said. Continuing “our goal is to takeout the power plant supplying the Stonehenge. Martin you will be leading Rapier squadron but your call sign will remain as Flashlight, Nagase you will lead Katana squadron your call sign will remain the same as well, Li you will lead Mobius squadron, as you have no call sign your new call sign is ‘Mobius 1’. Alright. Dismissed!”

The three got to their Viper VII to prepare for the mission. “O.K. Flashlight you load up on missiles you’ll cover our asses when we go in, Nagase all Torpedos you focus on the power plant, I’ll take half and half to help when needed.” Mobius 1 stated.

Mission Clock: 1340

January 12th, 2515

“Man its boring up here!” Flashlight whined “Flashlight shut up! You said that 100 times since we left the base we’re all bored!” Li responded. “But if there’s someone I could shoot down I wouldn’t be bored!” and to himself he said ‘come just one Cylon or more Cylons’

The flight of Vipers how ever didn’t go unnoticed. On the ground Cylon Dradis operators spotted the Vipers and sent a couple interceptors to meet them…

Al the sudden Flashlight shouted “Enemy contact!” with glee, then “Holy shit! Multiple contacts! 24 Cylon Raiders the Mk. II version.” Flashlight shouted, “Rapier squadron break and engage!” “Mobius 1 here, Mobius squadron, eliminate all bogeys in the target vicinity cover Katana squadron as they go in.”

Soon the skies were filled with missiles and cannon shots. Mobius 1 flew through the deadly barrages as if he was dancing. Every shot he took nailed an enemy head-on. Eventually he ran out of missiles but he switched to cannons and continued the fight until there was only one more enemy left. Flashlight turned to it and shouted “I got it!” over the radio. He was just about to fire when… the plane just exploded for no reason. Then Mobius 1’s Viper flew through the flames to get to the action below. Flashlight shouted “Hey! That was my kill man!” to which Mobius 1 responded “You snooze you lose Flashlight! Just move your ass faster next time!” the assault proceeded as planned, but Mobius 1 felt that something was wrong...

Indeed there was, the lights at the power station were still on even though they had destroyed the turbines, pipes, and Tydium tanks.

Meanwhile…. At the AWACS C2 Raptor…

“Sir I’m picking up something on radar”

Colonel Harper walked over “What is that!?... Wait a moment what vector is it coming from?”

“Sir it’s coming from vector 253”

“Holy Shit!” Harper ran to the cockpit “bring this plane down! go below 2,000 ft from the surface! Now!” the pilots obeyed Harper got on the radio “this is Sky Eye to all squadrons in the vicinity of the target area. We have incoming from Stonehenge drop below 2,000 ft immediately!” “All due respect sir are you Crazy!?” “Just do it!” “Sir! Impact in 5…..4…..3……2……1……impact!” and soon the radio channels were filled with screams, shouts, and requests for orders.

Back in the normal POV

(And rewind time a bit so the stuff you see above this happens as the same time as this.)

“Hey! Edge! If we took out their power then why are their electrical equipment still running?” “I have no idea Mobius 1.”

All the sudden “This is Sky Eye to all squadrons in the vicinity of the target area. We have incoming from Stonehenge drop below 2,000 ft immediately!” Flashlight responded with “All due respect sir are you Crazy!?” he was silenced with a simple “Just do it!”

“2,000 ft!? Do they think that we can fly through the Asteroid?” Flashlight asked everyone. Mobius 1 suddenly dove toward a nearby ravine he shouted, “All aircraft fly into the ravine!” Flashlight and Nagase were quick to follow “Everyone RTB and stay below 2,000 ft!” ordered Mobius 1.

For the most part most of Flashlight’s, Nagase’s, and Mobius 1’s squadrons had made it but a few didn’t make it as huge explosions and shockwaves tore through the sky like an aurora borealis. Everyone that was above 2,000 ft was torn apart by the explosions and the resulting shockwaves. Small explosions marked the places where the pilots died.

The screams of the dieing pilots is one thing the Mobius 1 would never forget. It was like they were etched into his head.

One or two fighters had crashed into the ravine walls as minor shockwaves killed their steering capability. Otherwise all the other planes made it back to base.

-Enjoy
-Spectre

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mobius Ribbion   

Back to top Go down

The Mobius Ribbion
Page 1 of 1